Stuffed Piquillo Peppers with Cod and Prawns
Here's another of our favourite recipes: Pimientos del Piquillo rellenos de bacalao y gambas. Very good, and healthy at the same time. Why not try it out? And be sure to let us know what you think about in the commentaries.
- For the Stuffed Peppers:
- Piquillo Peppers - 20 (small sweet red peppers roasted and peeled can be used if piquillo peppers can't be found)
- Cod - 500 grams - flaked
- Prawns - 200 grams - peeled and chopped small
- Green peppers - 2 - finely chopped
- Onion - 1 - finely chopped
- Cloves of Garlic - 2 - finely chopped
- Flour - 50 grams
- Milk - 250 ml
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- For the sauce:
- Piquillo Peppers - 10
- Cooking cream - 500 ml
- Clove of Garlic - 1
- Vegetable Stock Cube - 1
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
For the stuffed peppers:
- Pour the olive oil in a large pan and heat.
- Add the garlic, onions and green peppers and cook over a medium heat until soft.
- Then add the flaked cod (ensuring there are no bones) and prawns and cook for several minutes.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the milk little by little stirring constantly until a thick paste consistency is obtained. Add salt to taste.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- When cooled fill each pepper with the stuffing and place on a greased baking tray. Lightly brush each pepper with some olive oil and place in the oven at 200C and cook for 5-10 minutes.
To make the sauce.
- Add the garlic to a pot with the heated oil and fry for 30 seconds.
- Next, add the chopped peppers and fry for several minutes moving constantly.
- Add the cream, stock cube, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Blend the sauce with an electric hand blender and sieve.
- Pour the sauce over the stuffed peppers and serve hot.