Montaditos – Roasted pepper with brie
Montaditos is a typical dish from the Basque country in the north of Spain. It consists of small pieces of bread with something on the top. There are a multitude of options, but this one is one of our personal favourites. For instructions on how to roast the red pepper, see the empanada recipe.
- Baguette - 8 slices
- Roasted red pepper - 1 (see recipe for empanada)
- Brie cheese - 8 slices
- Garlic - 1 clove - crushed
- Olive Oil
- Place 1 slice of Brie cheese on each slice of bread.
- Cut the roasted pepper into strips and divide evenly between each slice of bread placing them on top of the Brie.
- Divide the crushed garlic evenly between each slice.
- Add a small pinch of salt and oregano to each slice.
- Drizzle with olive oil.