Add to Favourites
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Empanada de Atún – Tuna pie
- Onions - 3 - julienne sliced
- Tomatoes - 6 - chopped
- Red Pepper - 1
- Tuna - 2 tins
- Readymade short crust pastry - 2 sheets
- Egg - 1 - beaten
- Sugar - 0.5 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil
- Rub 1 tbsp olive oil all over the pepper, then place on the barbecue or oven at approximately 250C turning until blackened all over.
- Peel the blackened skin from the peppers, remove the stems and seeds, then tear into strips. Set aside.
- Put 5 dessert spoons of olive oil into a pan and add the onions fry on a low heat until softened.
- Remove the skin from the tomatoes and chop.
- Add the tomato, salt and sugar to the onion.
- Once all is cooked through remove from the heat.
- Carefully unroll one of the sheets of pastry and place on a sheet of baking paper on an oven tray.
- Spread the tomato and onion mix evenly over the pastry.
- Spread the oregano and tuna evenly over the tomato and onion mix.
- Place the roasted peppers evenly on top.
- Cover with the remaining sheet of pastry, pinching the edges to seal.
- Brush the top of the pie with the beaten egg and prick with a fork.
- Place in an oven at 210C and cook until golden.
- Cut in pieces and serve either by itself or accompanied by other tapas