Add to Favourites
Buñuelos de Bacalao – Salt Cod Fritters
Buñuelos de Bacalao! A favourite of both adults and kids, and a great way of eating fish (or making the kids eat it). This recipe makes about 40 pieces.
- Salt Cod - 300 grams - soaked until desalinated and flaked
- Egg - 1
- Flour - 150 grams
- Baking Powder - 2 tsps
- Parsley - 2 Fresh Sprigs - finely chopped
- Clove of Garlic - 1 - finely chopped
- Milk - 250 ml
- Olive Oil - For frying
- Mix the flour and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Separate the egg. Beat the yolk and add to the flour. Whisk the white to form soft peaks.
- Add the parsley and garlic to the flour and egg mixture and mix well.
- Add the flaked cod and egg whites and mix.
- Slowly add the milk until a smooth thick cream like consistency and add salt to taste. For best results refrigerate at this stage for about 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan until very hot.
- Taking care, use a dessert spoon to add small spoonfuls of the mixture to the hot oil.
- Fry them until golden on all side.
- Place on a paper towel to remove excess oil.