Add to Favourites
Breaded Asparagus with Cooked Ham
A nice twist to eating asparagus. Just remember to use good quality ham (it tastes better). This recipe makes 5 rolls.
- Green Asparagus - 15 - ends trimmed
- Cooked Ham - 5 slices (good quality ham)
- Egg - 1
- Breadcrumbs - 100 grams
- Olive Oil - For frying
- Have ready a large bowl of cold water, a slotted spoon, and a plate lined with a cloth or paper towel.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the asparagus. Cut them into uniform pieces by trimming off the ends to ensure even cooking.
- Just before blanching the asparagus, add a couple of tablespoons of salt to the boiling water. Salt helps to maintain color and improve flavor.
- Add the asparagus to the pot of boiling water.
- After about 2-3 minutes quickly remove the asparagus from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and plunge them into the cold water.
- When the asparagus are completely cool, remove them from the cold water and drain on the towel-lined plate.
- Roll about 3 asparagus in a slice of cooked ham and put to one side. Continue until all asparagus are wrapped in the slices of cooked ham.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl prepare the breadcrumbs.
- Roll each asparagus parcel in the beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in a pan with hot olive oil until golden.
- Serve warm and enjoy!