Boquerones Fritos – Fried Anchovies
- Start by cleaning the anchovies; remove the head, guts and bones (we remove the bones as we prefer the texture but for a more crispy texture they can be left in).
- Heat a pan with olive oil in it for frying.
- Coat each anchovy in flour.
- When the oil is very hot start adding the anchovies taking care to ensure that they don’t stick together.
- Leave to fry in the oil until very crispy – approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Add salt and serve warm.