Albóndigas – Spanish Meatballs Recipe
Spanish meatballs, or albóndigas, are relatively easy to make and taste delicious!
In this recipe we have used minced meat of beef, but other types of meat can also be used - many prefer to mix beef with pork. It's all a matter of taste.
Enjoy and if you like this, please share with your friends!
- Minced meat - 400 grams
- Egg - 1
- Onion - 1
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Parsley - 1 cup, minced
- Milk - 60 ml
- Tomatoes - 6
- Basil - 1 Tea spoon
- Olive oil - 3 Table spoons
- Nutmeg - 1 Tea spoon
- Salt - 2 Tea spoons
- Pepper - 1 Tea spoon
- Sugar - 1 Tea spoon
- Breadcrumbs - 60 grams
- Remove the skin of the tomatoes and chop them in small pieces. Put aside for the sauce
- Chop the onion in small squares. Put aside for the sauce
- Mix the meat, garlic, parsley, milk, egg and breadcrumbs together with the nutmeg, pepper and one tea spoon of salt into a homogeneous mass
- From the mass, roll small balls (about 3 cm diameter) in the palm of your hand
- In a frying pan, put one table spoon of olive oil, and, once warm, start frying the meatballs
- In another frying pan, pour two table spoons of olive oil and start frying the onion
- Once the onion is golden, add the tomatoes
- Add a tea spoon of salt, the sugar and the basil. Mix well
- Taste the sauce and add spices if deemed necessary
- Once the meat balls are cooked, add them to the sauce
- Cook together for about 5 minutes, turning the meatballs to make sure they don't burn
- Serve and enjoy!